The Artistic Life of Aka Pereyma highlights how culture helps form who we are, builds roots in a community and inspires our hopes for the future. As we celebrate the art of Aka Pereyma, we honor your passions and dreams for our community.
Dream Garden Instructions:
- Imagine your dream and write it on the seed paper.
- Prepare your dream garden space. We recommend a medium-sized pot filled with
potting soil to start.
- Gently bury the seed paper in the prepared soil. It’s important not to bury your
seed paper too deep; around 1/8 of an inch is best.
- Find a location where your plant will receive plenty of sunlight. Water the soil a little
bit each day to keep the soil damp. Be careful not to flood or overwater.
- Sprouts may take two weeks to a month before they appear.
- Enjoy growing your dream garden.
Some extra things to consider:
- The best time to plant your dream will be towards the start of spring.
- The seeds in this paper are a mixture of smaller, colorful wildflowers. Like dreams, themselves, everyone’s dream garden will be different.
When your seeds sprout, be sure to post a picture on Facebook or Instagram, and tag @DaytonArtInstitute.
Featured artwork: Aka Pereyma, Untitled (detail), 1971, mixed media, Courtesy of private collection