Rental Rules & Regulations
The following rules & regulations must be observed when renting the museum:
- No smoking is permitted in the museum or on the museum grounds.
- No food or drink is permitted in the art galleries or the Rose Auditorium.
- No carry-in food or drink is permitted unless pre-authorized by event management.
- No open flames. Only smokeless, dripless candles are permitted in the Cloisters and Great Hall and must be inside a fireproof container.
- Décor: No balloons inside the museum; no glitter, sparkle, etc.
- Cakes: No “chocolate shavings” on outside of cake.
- No birdseed or bubbles may be used on the premises.
- No adhesive tape or wire may be used to attach decorations to walls or pillars. Pipe cleaners may be used to attach garlands to railings.
- Tables, chairs, large decorations, musical equipment and any other large items must be placed in the rented space under the supervision of museum security and only through the approved entrances.
- No items may be set in any public areas of the museum during business hours.
- Flash photography is not permitted in the galleries.
- No art on display is to be moved or obstructed. Any items set up near artwork must be at least four (4) feet from the art.
- Patrons shall be fully responsible for their children and their behavior.
- All equipment rental arrangements must be made by or cleared through the Special Events Department of the Dayton Art Institute.
- Do not advertise your event as being at the Dayton Art Institute until you have a signed contract and cleared advertising with Special events and the museum’s Marketing Department.