DAI AAMD Diversity Panel
The Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) and the Dayton Art Institute (DAI) are partnering to host a special virtual panel discussion aimed to assist diverse and BIPOC college and university students who may be seeking careers in art institutions. During this unique event students will explore equity in the museum field with accomplished professionals throughout the country. The panelist will discuss their trajectory in their museum careers and share “realtalk” behind the scenes conversations in museums.
Date: November 13, 2023, 10 a.m. – noon
This panel will feature prominent and newer professionals to the field panelists of color will share the stories behind their professional careers, the obstacles and opportunities. The panelists include:
- Dr. Johnnetta B. Cole, Director Emeritus, the African Museum of Art at the Smithsonian American Museum and President Emeritus, Spellman College
- Dr. Tuliza Fleming, Interim Chief Curator of American Art at the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Monica Walker, Senior Operations Officer at Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- Nanci Payne, Museum Technician and Assistant Registrar, Dayton Art Institute
- Bryan Smith, Education Coordinator, Dayton Art Institute
Students will have a chance to ask questions and have a dialogue about the future of working in museums.