|Plan a Visit||Tours||Shopping & Dining|
Become a Leonardo League Volunteer!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at The Dayton Art Institute. Leonardo League Volunteers support the operations of the museum on a day-to-day basis, performing functions such as:
- Clerical and office support
- Selling memberships and tickets for special exhibitions, programs and events
- Assisting patrons in The Museum Store
- Conducting visitor surveys
- Providing support at events such as Oktoberfest, Art Ball, and the Vectren Jazz & Beyond Series
Your volunteer commitment may be temporary, extending through the end of an exhibition, working a specific event or program, or you may make a long-term commitment to the museum. Volunteers making a long-term commitment are encouraged to become museum members and complete a minimum of 25 hours annually. As a result, volunteers are entitled to:
- Complimentary tickets to exhibitions
- Discounts at The Museum Store and Leo Bistro
- Attend Volunteer Information Sessions for Training and Art Appreciation (VISTA)
- Receive quarterly newsletters
- Receive invitations to exclusive travel and social events
Regardless of the time and commitment you are able to provide, what you can give is honored and greatly appreciated. To begin the process of becoming a DAI volunteer, you must complete the Volunteer Application & Background Check Form.
Send the completed application to: The Dayton Art Institute, Monica Walker, Human Resources Manager, 456 Belmonte Park North, Dayton OH 45405-4700. Or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Submitting an application to The Dayton Art Institute tells us that you are interested in becoming a volunteer, it does not mean you are a volunteer. You must complete an interview and orientation before you are considered a volunteer. For additional information on becoming a Leonardo League volunteer, contact Monica Walker at email@example.com.
New! Volunteer Hub
Our new Volunteer Hub makes it easy to schedule your volunteer activities at The DAI! All volunteer scheduling is now done online, and volunteers may schedule their commitments months in advance. Once a volunteer is selected to work for The DAI, he or she will be provided with a username, password, and guide to the Volunteer Hub. A complete list of currently available volunteer opportunities may be found on the Hub.
The Dayton Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Organization.