Young artists read about kindness to a traveling stranger, then make their own embossed suitcase and “pack” for a trip!
Let us know how we’re doing: Take our PNC Tiny Thursdays at Home feedback survey!
Story: The Suitcase, written and illustrated by Chris Naylor-Ballesteros (HMH Books; 2019)
Artwork: Bruce Lynn Peters, Air Minded, 1938, gelatin silver print. Gift of the Eastman Kodak Company, 1942.14
1) crayons with paper labels removed
3) glue stick
4) one: 8”x10”color cardstock
5) one–two: color or copy paper
6) miscellaneous items with texture for rubbings
7) optional: newspaper ads or magazine