|Plan a Visit||Tours||Shopping & Dining|
Employment: Open Positions
The following position is open at this time. Please check back often for updates.
The Dayton Art Institute seeks Bartenders to support the parties and events at the museum. In addition to serving drinks and providing exceptional customer service, the bartenders must also act as bar back for most events. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with guest and responding to their inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner;
- Mixing and garnishing beverages according to recipe and portion control standards;
- Checking guests for proper identification and serving non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations;
- Accurately totaling, processing and collecting payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, and making change;
- Stocking and maintaining the bar and cutting, storing and ensuring product quality of all beverage-related perishables; and
- Keeping a clean work station.
This is a part-time, non-supervisory position, and the hourly rate will be commensurate with education, experience and degree of qualifications met.
A license or certification in Bartending and/or at least one to two years of related experience is preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the stamina to function in a fast-paced work environment is essential. Basic mathematic skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly manner. Must be able to work on feet and stand for hours at a time. The ability to organize workload effectively, and prioritize and lead multiple projects is critical. Must have solid communication skills, a passion for excellence. Applicants must be 21 and older and able to pass a drug and criminal records check.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest, resume and four (4) references to The Dayton Art Institute, Attn: Monica Walker, Human Resources Director or email to email@example.com.
Submission deadline: Position will remain open until filled; Initial Review Date: November 7, 2014
The Dayton Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.